Protocols for Communicable Diseases
For Everyone's Health & Safety
The health and safety of both our guests and our staff is our top priority at Fish.
As such, we have implemented the following protocols and practices in response to the Covid-19 pandemic for when you visit our salon. We appreciate your attention to these policies during this time.
Updated July 1st, 2021
With restrictions lifting, our team has decided to keep the majority of our Covid-19 protocols in place. Masks continue to be mandatory at Fish Hair Salon and Tacklebox Beauty, and we have a communicable disease plan in place because we are invested in providing a safe and healthy environment for our staff and clients. Current salon protocols are:
- Masks are required at all times within the salon (staff and guests), if you do not have one, we will supply one.
- Prior to your appointment, you will be asked the following questions to assess your current state of health:
- Have you travelled outside of BC within the last 14 days? If yes, you will need to rebook your appointment.
- Are you experiencing cold or flu like symptoms? If yes, you will need to rebook your appointment.
- Please note that if you have been diagnosed with Covid-19, we will postpone your appointment for 14 days after you have been cleared by a public health official from isolation.
- You will be required to sanitize your hands upon entering the salon. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Clients are required to wear a mask with ear loops. If you do not have one, one will be provided. All colour service clients will be provided a disposable mask to avoid staining on personal masks. We only have adult sized masks, children will need to come with their own mask provided by caregivers.
- We will escort you into the salon.
- We recommend bringing essentials only to your appointment.
- Clients may not be accompanied by other people (exception: a client with disabilities or is a child 10 years old and under, they may be accompanied by one care giver).
- No pets will be allowed to accompany client to appointment unless a service animal.
- No visitors during your service (family or friends).
- If you don’t have child care, please rebook your appointment.
- Please try to maintain a 2-meter distance from other guests.
- Cancellation fees will be waived if you are sick.
- A clean cape will be used on every client.
- Each station will be disinfected and cleaned prior to your service.
- Each station is separated by plexiglass.
- We have removed some stations to allow easy access to sinks for hair washing.
- Plexi glass is separating each sink.
- We are not offering beard trims at this time.
- We will not be providing beverages. Be mindful if you are going to be at the salon for longer than one hour you may bring your own drink.
- There will be no magazines in the salon.
- Our front desk has a plexiglass divider.
- Our POS terminal is cleaned after every use and we will provide a disinfected tool for using instead of your finger.
- After your service, we may request you book your next appointment via phone or email. We want to eliminate wait times and congestion when paying.
Our staff cannot socially distance from clients while performing services. We will continue to update you on any adjustments to our safety plan. Our goal is to ensure that our staff and guests feel and remain safe inside our doors.
Thank you for your continued support. If you have any questions regarding our policies or practices in response to the covid-19 pandemic, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 250-388-3474.